RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Museum Workers Speak Bay Area Workshop, San Francisco, CA
- Panelist: Advocate for Yourself! From Interview, Evaluation, to the Exit Interview, speakers will pose and answer questions connected to different levels of the museum career. January 26, 2017, 6:30pm.
California Association of Museums Conference 2016, Riverside, CA
- Panelist: Just Say No!, a session to help museum professionals understand the power of saying no and why, sometimes, saying no is critical to success. March 3, 2016, 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM
American Association of Museums Conference 2016, Washington, D.C.
- Moderator: Stepping Up: The Challenges of Becoming a Museum Director, a discussion with six new museum directors from diverse institutions on their experiences transitioning into a leadership role. May 27, 2016, 8:45 AM – 10:00 AM
- Moderator: Workplace Culture Matters, an exploration of the important relationship between a museum’s internal values and its external offerings and the ways that meaningful investments in a values-based culture lead to tangible results.
Western Museums Association Conference 2014, Las Vegas, NV
- Co-Facilitator with Steve Olsen: Museum Leadership for the 21st Century, a double session on effective leadership, sharing examples and strategies from a variety of institutional, personal, and cultural perspectives.
- Presenter: Bienvenidos! Engaging Latino Audiences and Building Cross-Cultural Bridges, a discussion on institutional readiness for expanding audiences.
- Presenter: A Crash Course in Human Resources for Emerging Professionals, a conversation about the importance of an individual career path in the museum context and the value of understanding museum culture.
21st Century Museum Issues Lecture Series: Reinventing the Museum
January 22, 2013 in Eugene, OR
In conjunction with the release of the new edition of her book Reinventing the Museum: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on the Paradigm Shift, Gail Anderson presented a lecture for the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art’s Museum Studies program.