AAM’S MUSEUM MAGAZINE ARTICLE
The Resilience Playbook Team authored “Inside Out, Outside In: A resilience model for museums offers strategies to address challenging realities“ article in AAM’s May/June’s Museum magazine.
PAST SELECT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
AASLH Online Conference, October 2021
- Presenter: The Resilient Museum: Strategies to Address Challenging Realities session. Co-presenters: Anne Ackerson, Consultant, Dina Bailey, Principal, Mountain Top Vision, Ben Garcia, Deputy Executive Director, Ohio History Connection, Melanie Adams, Director, Anacostia Community Museum
American Association of Museums Conference, June 2021
- Presenter: Resilience for Museums: Strategies to Address Challenging Realities session explored strategies for museum leaders to achieve greater relevance and inclusion in the lives of diverse publics, balancing capacity and potential to find the right path. Co-presenters: Anne Ackerson, Consultant, Dina Bailey, Principal, Mountain Top Vision, Ben Garcia, Deputy Executive Director, Ohio History Connection, Melanie Adams, Director, Anacostia Community Museum
Resilience for Museums: Strategies to Address Challenging Realities, March 2021
- Speakers: Anne W. Ackerson, Gail Anderson, & Dina A. Bailey Resilience for Museums webinar will explore strategies to achieve greater relevance in the lives of diverse publics and in the community ecosystem.
The Resilience Playbook Webinar, January 2021
- The Resilience Playbook Team hosted a webinar about THE RESILIENCE PLAYBOOK in 2021. The Team provided an introduction to the philosophy and approach that creates the foundation to THE PLAYBOOK’s 5 Resilience Goals and 20 Plays and shared their insights about why organizational resiliency is so important right now for long-term sustainability. Webinar Recording
- Guest speaker to Graduate Museum Studies Classes at Seton Hall University, San Francisco State University, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, Bank Street College, New York, George Washington University & AAMG, 2020-2021.
ReMuseum 2020: Resiliency Now, California Association of Museums, October 2020
- In conversation with Melanie Adams, Director, Anacostia Community Museum, and Micah Parzen, CEO, San Diego Museum of Us to discuss the challenges that the museum field is currently facing and how our field can move forward.
TMG Online Conversation: Mission Matters with Gail Anderson & Micah Parzen, CEO, San Diego Museum of Man, 2021
- The Museum Group hosted this Online Conversation now on YouTube.
21st Century Museum Issues Lecture Series: Reinventing the Museum, Eugene, OR
- In conjunction with the release of the new edition of her book Reinventing the Museum: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on the Paradigm Shift, Gail Anderson presented a lecture for the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art’s Museum Studies program.